Thursday 12 March 2009

Gateau

I know some may criticise my cake saying that it doesn't look pretty or whatever compared to the shops in Msia. Haha...but in UK, it is precious cuz good cakes are hard to get. :p I tried cakes in various places and none can satisfy me. I tried starbucks cheesecake which disappointed me greatly. Even Marcus (one of my best british friends who can really cook very well) hunted me down for my cakes and told me that he remember my cakes tasted very good but he couldn't remember which was good as all of them were.

I picked up baking cuz I dun like any of the cakes in the shops in UK. The chinese cake shops in UK are few. They can decorate the cake so beautifully. However, the cakes tasted so dry and horrible. So horrible that I decided to bake my own.

Therefore, I came up with my own chinese cakes to suit my appetite....At first, it was done voluntarily in my first two years when I started learning baking as a hobby. Then, people starting requesting me to bake cakes for them. Did a few on a voluntary basis to practise + I could use the leftover cake ingredients which were bought by my friends.

Haha...thanks to all for the compliments saying that it taste so much nicer than the shops in UK.

Anyway, a few pictures I took of the cake I made today.






Not very happy with a slight white patch at the side of the cake. Grrr perfectionist. LOL...

Yes...I am practising writing words with white chocolate on a chocolate slab I made. hahaha...

For nick if he is reading this (I don't think he does anyway), u can have that piece of choc slab with your name on it. Haha...practice purposes. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment