Friday 22 August 2008

Brownie base cheesecake

Time flies, it is friday! I did not realise that I have not updated my blog for the past 4 days as I had been pretty busy.

More pictures!





Brownie Base cheesecake

Ingredients:

Brownie base:

1) 115g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing.

2) 115g plain chocolate

3) 200g caster sugar

4) 2 eggs, beaten

5) 50ml milk

6) 115g plain flour

Topping:

1) 500g cream cheese

2) 125g golden caster sugar

3) 3 eggs, beaten

4) 1 tsp vanilla extract

5) 115g natural yogurt

6) melted plain chocolate, for drizzling.

Steps:

1) preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 9 inch springform cake tin then place baking parchment around the tin.

2) Melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and beat in the sugar.

3) Add the eggs and milk, beating well. Stir in the flour, mixing just until blended. Spoon into the prepared tin, spreading evenly.

4) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 160C/325F/Gas mark 3.

5) For the topping, beat together the cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until well blended. Stir in the yogurt , then pour over the brownie base. Bake for a further 45-55 minutes, or until the centre is almost set.

6) Let cool before removing from the tin. Chill in refridgerator.

As I realise how serious plagarism is, I have therefore decided to acknowledge my cookbooks from which I have modified some of the recipes (just to be safe).

This recipe is taken from "coffee morning cakes: essential dishes for everyday cooking".

I really like this cheesecake among all the cheesecake I have made. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment